Award-winning SET game
SET, The Family Game of Visual Perception, has won over 35 best game awards including MENSA Select. SET is a board game where any table becomes your board! It's a perfect travel game and a party favorite! Race to find a SET of three cards where each feature is either all the same or all different on each card. With no turns and no luck, SET is challenging, fast and fun! It makes a perfect after dinner game that can be played in only 20 minutes. SET can be played alone or with as many players as you can fit around the table!
A Fun Challenge for the Entire Family!
This highly addictive game can be played without previous knowledge, you don’t have to be able to read or do math to play. Age is not an advantage in this game leaving a level playing field for the entire family. There is only one rule to SET, so it is easy to learn. From 6-99 years old, SET is a game that brings generations together.
Award-winning SET game now comes in a mini!
SET Mini Round is a quicker, easier version of the original game that comes in a fun click-clack tin. Each round card has three features: color, shape and number. There are no turns and no luck in this addicting speed game. It’s perfect for on-the-go since any surface becomes your board. Keep this game handy for easy fun entertainment that is sure to please the whole family.
What is a SET?
A SET is three cards where each feature, when looked at individually, is either all the same OR all different. In the Mini Round version each card contains three features: symbol (oval, squiggle or diamond), color (red, purple or green) and number (one, two or three).
How to play
SET is a speed game. The first to see a SET, calls out ‘SET’ and picks up the three cards that make the SET. There are no turns and no luck. Race to find as many SETs as fast as you can. Be the one who has the most SETs when the cards are gone, and you win! SET is a game of fast-thinking fun!
Fun and Educational
SET builds cognitive, logical and spatial reasoning skills as well as visual perception skills while playing a game! Because it has a rule of logic (three cards that are all the same or all different in each individual feature), and because players must apply this rule to the spatial array of patterns all at once, they must use both left brain and right brain thought processes. This fun game actually exercises your brain!
Suggested age: 6 to adult
Length of play: 10 minutes
Number of players: 1 or more
Sized for travel - fits in pocket or purse.
Fast, challenging and highly addictive!
Great for road trips, waiting rooms, restaurants.
27 round cards in a metal tin
Awards for SET:
- MENSA Select Award 1991
- The Detroit News 1991
- OMNI Magazine 1991
- The Consumers Association of Quebec 1992
- The Canadian Toy Testing Council 1992
- Games Magazine Games 100 Award 1992
- Games Magazine Games 100 Award 1993
- Games Magazine Games 100 Award 1994
- Games Magazine Games 100 Award 1995
- Deutscher Spiele Preis 1995
- Dr. Toy’s 10 Best Games 1996
- Dr. Toy’s 100 Best Children’s Products 1996
- ASTRA Top Toy Pick 1996
- Parents’ Choice Award 1997
- Parents Magazine 1998
- Parents’ Council Award 1999
- Top Ten Games – Wizards of the Coast 2000
- Teachers Choice Learning Award 2001
- Educational Clearinghouse A+ Award 2001
- Bernie’s Major Fun Award 2002
- NSSEA – Top New Product 2002
- ASTRA Hot Toys 2004
- Parents’ Choice Best 25 games of the past 25 years 2004
- Top 100 Games of 2005 Games Quarterly 2005
- TDmonthly Top-10 Most Wanted Card Games 2006
- TDmonthly Top-10 Most Wanted Card Games 2007
- Creative Child’s Preferred Choice Award 2007
- TDmonthly Classic Toy Award 2007
- TDmonthly Top-10 Most Wanted Card Games 2008
- TDmonthly Top-10 Most Wanted Card Games 2009
- TDmonthly Top-10 Most Wanted Card Games 2010
- TDmonthly Top Seller 2010
- NAPPA Children’s Products Honors Winner
- TDmonthly Top-10 Most Wanted Card Games 2011
- TDmonthly Top-10 Most Wanted Card Games 2012
- Sharp As A Tack OEValue – Cognitive Processing Speed 2013
- ASTRA Best Toy for Kids Award - Classic Toy Finalist 2013
"Simple enough for a child of 6, hard enough to stump a man of 96. Totally addictive and with a dead-simple mechanic. I play this game daily online and as a test of mental acuity. Truly awesome." BGG user Seth Miller.
"Absolutely an awsome game to play with anyone. Warning: your brain may just not be able to work with this game. Extremely good for developing kids left half-right half brain balance." BGG user David Cousins
"Great fun for kids and adults. Often kids can catch on faster than adults, actually, though adults usually can catch up and surpass them. Great brain exercise. " BGG user Mick Cullen
"You can start a game in seconds, and everyone in earshot will come over and want to play and be instantly captivated. It's not always obvious who will be good, and almost anyone can win some sets against more talented players. " BGG user Benjamin Wheeler.
Tags: IQ Game, educational, Mensa Select, GEP training games